Thursday, September 3, 2009

In which Namerovsky outwits B.B. Av

Yesterday Namerovsky had to get a worm pill, so I bought a tiny can of the really good cat treat food for him to hide it in. I gave him the pill and there was a left over, so I stuck the can in the fridge.

When B.B. Av got home, I told him, "Go give Namerovsky some treat. I saved it for you to give him so he'll like you." Namerovsky likes Av, but is somewhat skittish around him due to his tendency to "overlove" and grab.

Now, Namerovsky gets super excited when he gets these treats. If there's one in there, every time you open the refrigerator, he will come over and chirp and howl with excitement. Sometimes, he even jumps up on two feet to try to find it.

B.B. Av took the can and the spoon, and went over to the living room, Namerovsky following eagerly. But then B.B. Av made his mistake.

Holding the can up high in the air, he said, "C'mon, Nems! Jump up! Stand on two feet, come get the treat."

Namerovsky gave him a look of utter contempt. "Please. You are embarrassing yourself," he insinuated. Then he turned and walked away.

This resulted in B.B. Av changing tack rapidly, running after him. "No, Nems, no! I'm sorry! Please. I'm sorry. Come back! Come get some treat! I won't do that again. I'm sorry."

Namerovsky thought about it for a few seconds, then slowly turned back, waited for B.B. Av to sit on the floor, and refused to eat until the food was on the floor and he was not being fed by anyone.

Namerovsky: 1, B.B. Av: 0.

Namerovsky Triumphant

When I got that last picture off the camera, I found this one as well. B.B. Av must have snapped it. That is a can of tomato paste that he has his head stuck in. That ridiculous cat loves all things tomato-y. We catch him licking fry wrappers in trash. I guess it's rough living in a vegetarian house, he has to take what he can get.

A happier moment.

1 comment:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Aww! It's not often we see B.B.Av in - I was going to say action, but this is kind of the opposite. In the flesh, then. They both look wonderfully contented.